Friday, November 25, 2011

Make up base: BRTC Blemish Balm


As mentioned in one of my earlier posts before, I am in the process of limiting my dependency on cosmetic products to only the very few products that I feel is necessary to me. Therefore, a good base is what I find helpful when I wanted to even out my skin tone and have some basic protection against UV rays from time to time. However I try to keep it at a minimum.
Some of the brands that I have tried for base (foundations, compact powder, etc.) include, Estee Lauder, Revlon, Ettusias, Shiseido, Dr. Jart, BRTC, Missha, Maybelline and L’oreal.
Let’s first talk about the BRTC Blemish Balm that I am currently using, and its good and bad (in point form, below):
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
(yes i consider getting a new camera)
Good:
· Right colour tone for me (I’m relatively fair)
· Stay put for a good 5-6 hours on a summer day (if you’re working in an air-conditioned environment)
· No artificial fragrance added
· Doesn’t feel oily (the Balm feels kind of a gel-type than lotion texture)
Bad:
· Tendency of congesting my pores
· Lots of chemical ingredients are added to produce the Balm
That’s basically it, the good outweighs the bad. Overall not bad, my only bone to pick would be that fact that it clogs my pores. But it might also be the problem of my own skin, I don't know yet since majority of the brands that I have tried gives me similar problem. With L’oreal’s Truematch and compact powders being the worst. I think maybe I shall have to find other alternatives then.

1 comment:

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Gear info. Wow! I am so impressed with your skin. It's beautiful.

http://www.thegirlieblog.com