Thursday, January 19, 2012

Getting a variety of Vitamins & Nutrients in your diet

One way to start putting more effort in your diet is to take care of it. By keeping a journal on what you consume everyday will be an appropriate way to keep track of the foods that you eat.

To start anew your diet, an effective way is to pen down a list of your consumes daily, for instance, I had:

  • Breakfast: brown walnut toast with butter and sugar; honey lime water; an egg
  • Lunch: (eat out) stir-fried rice vermicelli; mixture of chicken and duck meat in small portion; cabbage; potato; bell peppers; shrimp & cuttlefish in small portion
  • Dinner: (haven't had my dinner yet, but most probably will be these) calrose rice; mixture of meat or fish in small portion; veggies
  • Dessert: any of the following choices; fruits, red/green bean or other asian sweet soup; organic soymilk (warm)

As you have observed I try to eat more varieties in small portions, I'm still experimenting with it and I'm not certain to say if doing so has help tremedously for my body and health. I'm trying to see if it works better for my digestion and energy level. Anything else I'll keep the blog post updated.

What I try to do is to list down whatever I have eaten for the day and plan accordingly for the next few days or so in order to make sure I eat a balance diet. Vitamins and nutrients work hand in hand with each other for maximum function and absorption. It is extremely important for one to understand this point because for some people, it is easy to think that they are eating healthy when they are not because there might be a tendency we concentrate too much certain foods and the nutrients are not fully utilised in the best way possible.

Food items like fish, chicken, pork, egg, rice, green veggies are some of the staples of my food plate. Often, from time to time, I'll make sure I get to consume some butter, kelps, nuts and all other kinds of vegetables and fruits as long as I find them in my grocery stores.

A bad habit that I've kicked off was getting over chocolates and other sweet confectionaries over the past few months. I used to have had them after every single meal in a day. Kinder Bruneo, Ferrero rocher noir, lindt/godiva/green&black's dark chocolates... and the list could go on, I go crazy on chocolates and eat them whenever I find them. I acted like a drug addict then, really.

So now I do not eat fast food anymore than I do for the previous year- maybe once a month. But at the moment unless I have an incredible strong urge to eat KFC, I do not step into a fast food joint. I try very hard not to even for the times I really think of eating KFC. It's one of my weakness I admit.

In the meantime, I am still working on my fondness for my likeness of vanilla ice-cream and the ice-cream from TWG. I think about them now as I write. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Girlie Blogger said...

I do this via MyFitnessPal app on iPhone. It worked really well for me.

www.thegirlieblog.com