Thursday, December 22, 2011

Avoiding Genetically modified food

I know there has been no proven links that GM food are bad for us or carcinogenic, however sometimes I think it’s best to trust your gut and follow your instincts if something is right or not. For a big part in life anyway I don’t feel that all things need to be proven in order for it to a fact, of course depending on what you believed in that is. I am just hoping that I can share some useful information here so that lesser people will tell me that “oh, I know about GM food, they’re not good, but what can you do? Everything has corn/maize products nowadays” or simply by saying “ haha you can’t avoid it or fight it, what can you alone do to make a difference?” well I’d say if we all just stop settling in and start doing what we really should be doing, then nothing is impossible. I’ve always believed, if only everybody demanded peace instead of another television set, then they’ll be peace.

Moving along, read below to avoid causing further harm to your body and health. I mean, there must be a relation to the ever growing sick/unhealthy population compare to the conditions of our fellow people in the past right? Aside from the increasingly radiation exposure that we are facing in our daily lives and the environmental pollution, it’s just impossible not to think about the correlation that food has a major impact on our body and health.

Corn
• Corn flour, meal, oil, starch, gluten, and syrup
• Sweeteners such as fructose, dextrose, and glucose
• Modified food starch

Soy
• Soy flour, lecithin, protein, isolate, and isoflavone
• Vegetable oil and vegetable protein

Canola
• Canola oil (also called rapeseed oil)

Cotton
• Cottonseed oil

Sugar
• Unless 100% cane sugar or evaporated cane sugar, sugar may be produced from sugar beets which may be genetically engineered

No comments: